FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two bad experiences in Club Europe, FRA-LHR & LHR-MAD
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:34 pm
fly747first
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
You still don't know how much other people paid. Just because you did a search and found low prices does not mean that everyone else paid those lower prices - or did you go to each passenger and ask them what they paid? You are also still ignoring the fact that people don't buy seats, they buy a permit to travel in effect. Different prices have different conditions. It is still feasible that someone may have purchased fully flexible tickets even though there were cheaper buckets available. A client of mine did the same in purchasing my tickets to VIE the other week. CE return around the 1k mark. I know that there were tickets available quite a lot cheaper but against my advice the client insisted on paying full flex J.

You're so determined to find fault that you aren't seeing the wood for the trees.
And you are still missing the point, for I never said every passenger on my flight had paid a low fare. Obviously, for a variety of reasons, some do need to pay for flexible tickets and it will be quite sad if BA didn't manage to get any full-fare bookings on a 200+ pax aircraft.

However, as someone who has won many awards in Revenue Management, I'm not going to overlook BA's deficiencies. It would be one thing if the 777 flight only happened once in a while but this particular 777 flight doing a MAD turn has been the case for many months now giving BA plenty of data to analyze. From a pure Revenue Management perspective, the best analysts and managers would know that leaving the lowest buckets open on a flight that is so massively overbooked just isn't smart. By this point, if you are going to overbook, then it should be at Y so you get as much full-fare revenue as you can which will easily offset any potential compensation you have to do to move a low-fare pax to another flight.