FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amanoi (Vietnam)
View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:42 pm
chinmoylad
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by phant0m
How are all of the excursions/adventures priced?

I usually like being able to head out into town to explore and eat a bit. Is the Amanoi too isolated for that where basically you're on the resort the entire time with their restaurants? I'm Vietnamese so my standards of Vietnamese food is pretty high which means if they're charging $40 a dish, it better be damn good.
If you're looking for a place 'near town' Amanoi is not it. There's a fishing village around the corner where you could do a lunch or something, but other than that, the closest area is up by the airport (75 min drive) or even further north at Nha Trang (2 hour drive). This is a place for relaxing and hiking, not for exploring around.

The food was excellent and fairly priced - i.e. in line with most Asian Amans; of course it's not cheap, but not exorbitantly pricey - but I stuck to the Vietnamese menu as much as possible, except for the odd breakfast (a burger we had on the last day was very, very average). I've also always found Aman's portions to be quite generous - we could order 2 appetisers and 1 main (or 1 appetiser and 2 mains) and be satisfied.