FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two bad experiences in Club Europe, FRA-LHR & LHR-MAD
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:07 pm
rockflyertalk

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by fly747first
I don't think you are getting it... no one is doubting that someone in Y in theory could pay more than someone in J.
i completely get what you’re saying and you may well be right in this example but fare revenue is not as straight as it seems, especially when you have a long haul aircraft operating a short haul route, there is cargo revenue and load at play here too. But ultimately I have seen examples where by economy is cheap when released then increases as fares sell out but then 24-48 hrs before departure fares can be cheap again. We’re not going to answer or even guess what’s going on here or in any flight. It’s the beauty and quite sensitive market of airfare selling. So I or another poster may not get it but I pretty sure you don’t either with all due respect and that’s purely because these companies don’t want us to “get it.”

Ultimately if you want to be somewhere at a certain time and place you’ll pay what is available at the time/period when you are looking to book. If 3 months later or maybe earlier or 24hrs before departure the price has increased or decreased is neither here nor there. Airlines know this. Majority passengers pay what they want at the time they want it.