FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Vacation Club Pulse - Urban extension to MVC brand
Old Jun 12, 2018, 1:05 pm
dsperling

Programs: DL FF, Marriott LT Plat., National EA
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse NYC

Originally Posted by lskohn
Not a recommended Marriott or MVC property.
I concur... with all the Marriott property choices in the city, I would NOT stay here again! Just completed a 4 night stay (Wednesday - Sunday) on Vacation Club Points that would have otherwise expired at the end of the year (so I at least have that going for me). First of all, the rooms are tiny compared to what I remember of the Marriott Marquis (although it has been a couple years since I stayed there).
On Friday, our room wasn't cleaned until sometime after 6:00 pm (while we were out for the evening). Upon returning from dinner, we DID find a cleaned room, but I also found that some loose change was taken from the dresser! The night before, as I always do, I had dumped all the pocket change accumulated during the day onto the dresser. I didn't count it, but do know that there were a number of quarters along with a few nickels and a bunch of pennies. Friday night, though... the quarters were gone. Really!?!
That's annoying enough, but what bugged us even more was that when we attempted to go up to the "famous" rooftop bar at around 12 pm on Friday night, we were immediately asked to leave as they were "closing early that night". ON A FRIDAY NIGHT? Anyway, we still had one more chance on Saturday to check it out... right?... WRONG! Mid-day on Saturday a sign appeared in the lobby stating that the rooftop lounge would be closed Saturday night. (Later, the front desk clerk mumbled something about them not having the staff to open it.) Anyway... major fail!
I won't be back at this property and will probably have to think twice about staying at any "urban" MVC Pulse property.