FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Hotels Baltimore Inner Harbor - Maryland [Master Thread]
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:14 am
DELee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Okto
I'm thinking about making a reservation at this property, but the answer to seawolf's question may sway me to look elsewhere. Has anybody stayed there recently?
Also, I'm coming from the SPG side and have no experience with Delta hotels. How common is this "pantry" concept?

Thanks
If an elite breakfast benefit that requires service is what you desire, why don't you call the property and ask.

WRT stays, I've had 3 total - all during last summer and its megabonus so I was more room running as well as finding cheaper MR hotels than seeking benefits as a Platinum Premier. However since then, I've not been able to re-book given how much more they've increased their rates compared to what I've been able to book at the Ren Harborside or Marriott Waterfront. I've stayed once at the Marriott Inner Harbor and will never again if I can help it.

FWIW, here's what the "Elite Pantry" looked like:

June 2017:

August 2017:

The pantry is on the 4th floor of the property and accessible by room card key. Availability of different foods, items in the freezer or fridge, etc. is driven by how often the staff restock.

Personally, when I was there, I would arrive later, check in, go elsewhere for dinner, pick some items out of the pantry and then head out early so that my rental car, parked on the street two blocks north on Fayette wouldn't get a ticket - this was the closest street parking that was free after 6 PM but the latest in the area turned into a pumpkin (paid) after 8 or 9 AM. Parking on Charles (relatively plentiful) or Redwood (if you could get one) either went to paid after 7 AM or was no parking/tow away after 7 AM for morning rush hours' traffic flow management.

Why did I care about the street parking? See below:

From my perspective, albeit as a male but still in dress clothes, walking around the area in the evening and at night is acceptable - there's plenty of office buildings, traffic along Charles either north toward Mount Vernon or south toward the Inner Harbor. I've also gone west toward the Royal Farms Arena but it is a little bit rougher. To the immediate east are a whole bunch of other hotels so there's usually a bunch of foot traffic as well.

WRT commonality of "pantries" in the Delta chain, this is the one and only Delta hotel I've stayed at. I would assume that a little bit of research on their website will let you know how common these are.

David