FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:19 pm
joeags

Originally Posted by BearSmart
I redeemed a 7-day Category 1-5 travel package this morning for 270,000 points. However, according to the email confirmation and my account, the agent gave me a 5-day Category 7 travel package for 270,000 points instead. Both packages includes 120,000 miles transfer to airline partner, the only difference between these two packages would be:
  • 7 nights Category 5 (150,000 MR points via regular points redemption, with 5th night free), vs
  • 5 nights Category 7 (140,000 MR points via regular points redemption, with 5th night free)

Before I call Marriott to fix it, can anyone think of any advantage of keeping the 5-day package over the 7-day package?

Thanks
Hold on, how many points were you charged for this redemption? You stated 270k at the top, which would mean that you were charged the 7 night package price. Or were you charged less?

If it cost 270k, definitely get them to correct this, as you paid for a 7 night package. Even if you intend to only use 5 nights it's handy to be able to book a day early for an early check in or use the last day for a late check-out.

If you were charged less, then it's a simple question whether you would use 2 extra nights or not.