FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FA Charging For Liquor/Drinks in MCE
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2018, 5:00 pm
donotblink

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by jd991
Hopefully this helps some folks, I was charged for drinks on a flight last Thursday. I asked the FA if the drinks were included in MCE now, she said they were but I wasn't sitting in MCE (I was in the exit row, with an MCE placard above it), then followed that by saying it was only rolled out on certain planes. I shot a polite email out to customer service on Friday and got this response:

"I am so sorry you were told that you did not get free drinks in your MCE seat. That information was incorrect.
I have reported the flight attendants on (flight#) to Flight Service management so they can make sure they are updated on the new perks of MCE. On all MCE seats with FULL beverage service passengers get free drinks (beer, wine and spirits) starting June 5, 2018. As an apology and gesture of goodwill for this I have added 2,500 bonus miles to you AAdvantage account.

(name), thank you for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to flying with you again soon.
Sincerely,
(name)
Customer Relations
American Airlines"

I asked about getting a refund for the purchased drinks, but she kind of ignored that part of my original email, the points balance it out a bit though.
IIRC, the drinks you buy on board are tied to your ticket number, you can just go to prefunds.aa.com and put in your ticket number but on the comments explain that it's only for the drink.