FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied Lounge Access Based on Room Rate
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:22 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by imverge
I had something similar happen to me at AC Hotel Barcelona and when I contacted corporate they contacted the hotel and in the end, Marriott HQ coordinated the delivery of the elite benefit that I was entitled too.

Some hotels think they can get away with not providing benefits by adding a disclaimer without Marriott catching wind of it.
Originally Posted by mindrisa
Interesting that Marriott Corporate doesn't know their own brand policies. I stayed at an AC hotel recently and didn't get breakfast and when I questioned it, I learned that AC is different than Autograph Collection, and benefits are different (including no breakfast at AC hotels vs. breakfast at Autograph Collection hotels). I cannot believe someone at Marriott actually thought it was a good idea to have two different brands that were not related with one being AC and one being Autograph Collection.
Just double checked and @mindrisa, you are correct. @imverge you were not "entited too (sic)" breakfast at the AC Barcelona. It was nice of Marriott to arrange breakfast when the member made a fuss, but the T&Cs do not include the AC brand for lounge access or breakfast.

Continental breakfast is available 7 days a week for Platinum and Gold Elite members plus one guest in the Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge at JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance®, Marriott® Hotels and Delta Hotels®.