FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied Lounge Access Based on Room Rate
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:12 pm
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by mindrisa
Interesting that Marriott Corporate doesn't know their own brand policies. I stayed at an AC hotel recently and didn't get breakfast and when I questioned it, I learned that AC is different than Autograph Collection, and benefits are different (including no breakfast at AC hotels vs. breakfast at Autograph Collection hotels). I cannot believe someone at Marriott actually thought it was a good idea to have two different brands that were not related with one being AC and one being Autograph Collection.
I agree but ... Marriott bought AC Hotels, which was a Spanish hotel company. Basically, AC Hotels is a more trendy version of a CY mid-service property. Before buying AC Hotels and deciding to expand the brand, they already had Autograph Collection so the AC can be confusing. Autograph Collection is supposed to be a rough equivalent of Marriott/Ren brands. To complicate things, there are a couple of nice Autograph Collection hotels in Madrid! I think they used to be owned by AC hotels but they are definitely better than the CY level. Soon, on top of it, there will be Tribute Portfolio!