FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Planned Diversions From SFO to OAK/SJC
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:50 am
spin88

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by chrisl137
My notification came in roughly three hours from wheels up time. In the emails, notifications and the app, there was no info about how we were getting to SJC. It just said the flight will be departing from SJC. Only after calling and asking the person “how on earth am I supposed to get to SJC?” Did I find out about the bus, (but not what time it left) or the option to get there myself and submit the receipt to AS.
Thanks. I got a three hour notification too, but that was not an airport change. I had assumed that the notice was about the same with an airport change (given these are put into place when flow control kicks in), and that is not enough time, particularly when the notices are completely baffling.

Assuming you can figure out where the silly bus is - the e-mails don't say and explain Alaska will pay your way - that takes over an hour to get to SJC in the afternoon, and since it has to get there at least an hour before the flight (to allow luggage check in, security checks) I would think the Bus would have to leave SFO at least two hours before the scheduled departure time.

If someone is coming from Marin or points north, or some parts of the East Bay, it is probably physically impossible to get to SFO in time to catch a bus 2+ hours before the flight with only three hours warning.