FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Planned Diversions From SFO to OAK/SJC
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:54 am
tusphotog

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by tom911
All the more reason to receive flight status notifications, no matter what your airline.

You don't think Alaska sent out notification, at the latest, when the rerouted PDX-OAK flight departed at 6:59pm? That would be over 3 hours prior to boarding at OAK. I could drive up to Reno in that amount of time, so could surely make it to another Bay Area airport, even on BART, if needed. Would love to hear from anyone on that flight about the exact time they received the new airport information. May well have been even earlier than 6:59pm.
No idea about the flight in question, but I dug up my texts from Alaska when I experienced this in late February. Here’s the full timeline.

2/28/18
AS 400 SFO-PHX 1615-1909
===

1221 PST
Alaska Airlines 400
Sorry, Flight Cancelled
San Francisco to Phoenix
Link to change reservation

1224 PST
Alaska Airlines 400
Has been reinstated
San Francisco to Phoenix
ETD: 04:15 PM
Term/Gate 2/50B

1315 PST
AlaskaAir: Flight 400 will now operate out of San Jose due to Air Traffic Control delays.
[This text came from a different number than the normal AS flight alerts]

1525 PST
Alaska Airlines 400
Departing on Time
San Jose, CA to Phoenix
ETD: 04:15 PM
Term/Gate: /

My notification came in roughly three hours from wheels up time. In the emails, notifications and the app, there was no info about how we were getting to SJC. It just said the flight will be departing from SJC. Only after calling and asking the person “how on earth am I supposed to get to SJC?” Did I find out about the bus, (but not what time it left) or the option to get there myself and submit the receipt to AS.