FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:20 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jinrop
Absolutely no MS.

I have a sapphire reserve, sapphire preferred, Amazon prime, and ritz carlton card with chase. I am an authorized user on another person's sapphire preferred card if that matters.

I have an Amex Plat and a barclaycard (barclaycard only has 1000 limit and has never been used)

I recently applied for the new marriott card and the hyatt card, both declined which was a bit surprising as although my fico score isnt amazing its a bit above 700 (I have carried a balance on the card at times, although my overall credit usage is down to about 20% at the moment)
That was what triggered it. The 2 new cards did you in. Low end of FICO and history of carrying outstanding balances added to the flags generated by the system.

If you can get a human being at Chase Lending Dept you may have a chance for them to reverse the shut down which is most likely is triggered by system without any human even reviews the shut down but with the low FICO and the high end cards, in the current risk adverse model Chase is actively used, it might be an uphill battle.

You may need to get a card from another bank so your trip would not be affected, since your Barclay's card has too low a limit for the trip purpose and AMEX is NOT accepted at many smaller shops, incl many restaurants and local lodgings.

Last edited by Happy; Jun 10, 2018 at 10:26 am