FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied Lounge Access Based on Room Rate
View Single Post
Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:23 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Interesting. I've never seen a government rate include a ticket to a tourist attraction.

On the random date I checked, the government rate was only available for club level rooms, and the normal club rate doesn't include all the extra stuff. I'm seeing the government rate as more expensive than the regular rate, and also more expensive than some club room rate, but the club room rate is the same as a suite rate without lounge access. Could it be that revenue management thinks rates should be lower than the government rate, but it doesn't want to charge less than the maximum normally allowed for the government rate (which seems to be a federal rate, perhaps only for USA???), so the property decided to add all the stuff? If I try a senior rate, it shows only the deluxe room, which might be their standard room while the AAA rate shows
deluxe rooms, club rooms, suites with and without club access, etc. In fact, I see a lot of suite types at this property, including a royal plaza suite (=presidential, I suspect) that's offered at a AAA rate of under $2500 per night.

Te room pictures look uncomfortably modern with lots of pink and white plastic and IMO not attractive. I wonder whether they look better in person.