FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA rolled delays onto other transatlantic flights out of PHL 5/23
Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:22 pm
perseus11

Originally Posted by longhorn11
I just don't understand how this can be the "gateway" to Europe with the traffic tie ups, limited runways, remote gates, etc. Especially so with the pullback at JFK. Just seems like a recipe for total disaster.

This reminds me of my last experience through PHL...we were already delayed and then there were probably 20-25 planes in front of us to take off. After 30 min or so, some weather moved in and they halted all west bound departures supposedly, but an EI jet and several other wide bodies going to Europe were still grounded. After 2 hr 50 min, we finally took off. I've connected in PHL just a handful of times, as all of my flying is through DFW, LAX, ORD, but I was shocked at the total cluster that is PHL.
WELL THAT DIDN'T TAKE LONG . So let's see, you admit to transiting PHL (only) a "handful" of times, yet you suppose there are sufficient "traffic tie ups" to produce a "total disaster" and ? why PHL is a Gateway to Europe. A bit of false generalization, based on a "handful" of experiences. BTW, I've experience a lot more than 25 aircraft holding for TO at LAX and less so, but enough times at JFK.