FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recent bag tag at home experiences
View Single Post
Old Jun 9, 2018, 3:46 pm
ctporter

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by pdx1M
It works well particularly at stations where the kiosks are not directly en route to the bag drop and you have bulky bags to maneuver (PDX is an example). I do wish they would honor 1st class bookings at the bag drop so you don't wind up in line when the drop does back up. What is whacky is that some stations seem to feel obligated to draw lines on the bag tag itself (e.g., KOA). This has them opening the plastic folder (which is designed to be hard to open so it stays closed once sealed) pulling the paper part way out, scrawling a line or 2 on it and then putting it all back together. That act takes longer than just printing a new tag on which they can directly doodle (they still seem to want to do that). I have no idea what the lines on the tag is supposed to accomplish. It's like TSA writing on paper passes while (thankfully) not feeling the need to autograph your phone screen.
But it is better than having the stripe on the tag holder itself, I have several with red sharpie lines on the holder. It does not wipe off