FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aggressive, Vulgar Behavior from Uniformed Non-AA Pilot Passenger
Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:26 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by UA Apologist
So is it your view that, so long as something is not prohibited by law, you are going to do it, even if doing it is not civil or polite to others around you?
So is it in your view that, so long as you don't like something someone's doing they should stop even if they are not violating any policies or laws? Is it all about you when you're sharing a space with 200 other people?

To answer your probing question (you sound like a lawyer, btw)....I will - unlike some people - use some judgement in my actions that may have an effect on other people - especially in the confines of an airplane cabin. I will use headphones to listen to my PED. I will speak in a hushed tone to have a conversation with my seat mate - whether it is night time or day time. I will also use the reading light if I need it because, well, that's what it's there for. Most of them are pretty focused to the specific seat and I've slept on airplanes and had no issue with others using a reading lamp - with or without an eye mask.

It sounds like, based on your posts in this thread, everyone should sit down, shut up and don't even think about turning the reading light on if you need it. Maybe you should petition the airlines to remove them. Dougie might love the idea because It will reduce some dead weight and save fuel costs. Heck, they might be able to justify another row in coach with the savings.