FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stupidity regarding paying for an upgrade then not accepted.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 1:32 am
tmac100

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
The Twitter account did not help because BA did not contact me, so I will delete it.

I contacted BA on the 7th and their call center in Germany took all my card details again - but nothing showed up on my credit card account as of this morning (Saturday, June 9th).
So I called the BAEC Silver number in the UK again this morning June 9th, and got through to a CS agent. This time it took 40 minutes and Skype did not drop. ^

The agent took all my credit card details again and called BA Ticketing as he was in England. Ticketing put the payment through, but it did take about 20 minutes for the CS agent to get through to them. I checked with my credit card account in Canada and SURE ENOUGH the money went to BA.

Lucky that for 40-ish minutes Skype did not drop off from here in Qatar. I used a laptop with a different VPN, but doubt that had any effect. SO, it is done.

Thank you especially to CWS for useful advice on FT and by PM, and to others who gave advice too. I use two different VPNs with Skype with 2 different computers. I must say that this upgrade cost of over 1600 GBP was the hardest amount of money to spend - and this "spend" for the upgrade took from May 25th with my other card until this morning. BUT, persistence...