FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lumo recognition, freebies and soft perks
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:30 pm
on22cz

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by sulkkis
As usual, empty promises by Finnair. No BMW ride on tarmac

And also a new frequent flyer recognizion by an id__t male boarding gate officer who refused my hand luggage to be taken into plane and requested it to be checked in at boarding gate. Only one item allowed, no exceptions he said. The same rule did not apply for all customers, he just didn't like my bag. My bag is an old style Rimowa 20X40X53 cm two wheelie weighing exactly 8 kg loaded and the other item is a small computer bag. He said he doesn't care what kind of "next to god frequent flyer card you have" but he has decided that the bag will need to be checked in.

Maybe time to consider switching back to SAS.

-sulkkis
Definitely please do report this. For the good of all and with hopes they will really take some steps towards improvement (even though, this clearly was just an action of an individual).

Originally Posted by sulkkis

Did it allready. Let's see their response, but if it is a typical cash voucher compensation I will be extremely disappointed. It only means that they have not even discussed the incident with the person involved and case closed - nothing changes.

-sulkkis
To be honest, while I totally understand how disappointing it is to know they might just hand out a voucher and mark it as solved, what kind of better compensation would you like to see?
I value Finnair for how they handle situations when some of their staff decides to play their own game of elite "treatment". It's then a choice of action on their side whether to kind of re-train the staff, or pay another compensation when it occurs again (May this be a good motivation to really do something about the complaint?). In the end, you at least get a good value voucher / enough points for an upgrade. I dare to say many airlines would just send you an automatic "We are sorry..." email, or - if lucky enough - give you some miles worth a keychain.