FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First class seat disappointment
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:56 am
yb90

Programs: Deliveroo Plus
Originally Posted by Globaliser
BA could not have done that without taking measures that were utterly unreasonable in the context of a purely cosmetic defect - particularly as the specific aircraft's allocation to a specific flight takes place only about 3 days before the flight itself, and even then only on a provisional basis which is subject to change up to a couple of hours before departure.

If you think that there were reasonable ways in which BA could have done this to satisfy your demands, perhaps you could explain how that could have been achieved? Generic suggestions like "the seat should have been blocked" or "the seat should not have been sold" don't even begin to address the mechanics and consequences of doing so, some of which have been pointed out to you.

It seems to me that the only ways of doing so would be never to take more than 7 reservations for the F cabin on any flight which this aircraft might potentially operate, or to keep the seat empty by downgrading someone from F to CW simply to avoid them having to experience the utter horror of looking at this defect during the flight. Both seem utterly unreasonable and over the top for a cosmetic defect.

As one member quoted above:

"I watched that exact same documentary just last night! yes, she was complaining because there was a 1cm long hairline scratch in one of the fittings and saying everything must be perfection in F, our customers notice details like that.
How reality differs!"

BA should proactively be checking every seat, especially in first where there are not many seats, please do not tell me this should be expected and if it is the case that I have no basis of some kind of complaint or it does not warrant me to feel annoyed? I really don't feel I am being unreasonable, and for those that are asking obviously I would not prefer to seat in a CW seat in such a scenario.

edit- I do agree that to say the seat should not be used may perhaps probably be unreasonable, but is it reasonable to sell a F seat like this is the question to be asked on the flip side, & begs again the question of why BA are not at all proactive as this seems to be a fairly common issue going by members responses.

Last edited by yb90; Jun 8, 2018 at 6:04 am