FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Name of company which pay you for taking parcels/bags?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:30 pm
arollins

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I think the type of service you are looking for has long changed, and with increased security protocols this is not something that an individual should pursue. Those days where you were being paid to fly half way across the country to deliver documents same day or overnight have long been changed/eliminated with fax, emails, computers. I work in International Logistics and I'm a licensed US Customs Brokers, we have some customers of ours that have what is called "hand-carry" when they are sending a last minute high value parcel and it is usually accompanied by a company employee, we meet the passenger at the International terminal upon arrival and provide the customs clearance formalities allowing the passenger to proceed with delivery of said parcel. We do a lot of E-commerce and this is big business. I myself have also been asked to do "hand-carry" shipments, when our customer has a last minute parcel (must be there ASAP) and we are unable to get a same day cargo booking, but we can take it as part of our luggage allowance on a flight. these customer are called "known shippers" and they have been properly vetted.

Last edited by arollins; Jun 7, 2018 at 1:44 pm