FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa (Austin, TX) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:10 pm
krazieman

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
I was there in December and will be returning for July 4th. Club should be open (usually is full time in summer). Be prepared, Lost Pines in the summer is packed, mainly with families. If you're a globalist, I'd call ahead and politely asfor them to place you based on what you want (i.e., near the pool for accessibility but loud, or in a quieter area). They're pretty good about honoring these requests. Personally, my family and I prefer the area down by the fishing pond. Pretty close to pool, but not overly loud.

Parking for awards with Globalist will be comp'd.

One other piece of advice, skip Firewheel cafe for dinner. I've been there to this property many of times and never had a pleasant dinner experience in firewheel. It's loud, the wait staff seems shell shocked, and if you dare to order off the menu instead of the cattle call buffet, you will wait forever.............. Eat at one of the other restaurants on property or venture off site (either to Bastrop or Austin) for dinner. Also, the club evening spread is usually more than ample to make a good meal out of it.
Thanks for the tips!