FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:53 am
GBadger

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
I'm having the toughest time getting the nights and points for a "rewarding event" on 5 May. I had a one night group booking at a Fairfield Inn with 10+ rooms, including a contract that included my MR number on it. Based on my reading of the rules, this should entitle me to the 10 nights and up to 50k points (either at 3 points per USD or 1 point, not clear on that). However, the hotel manager initially told me that I am not eligible (makes no sense?) and after three calls to Marriott rewards the phone agents don't seem to understand the program either. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think so... I have another event at this hotel next month and would really like to make sure that I'm understanding things correctly before elevating further.

Is there a specific number that I should call for issues with the "Rewarding Events" program? How have others gotten similar issues resolved? Any tips are appreciated.