FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA rolled delays onto other transatlantic flights out of PHL 5/23
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:21 pm
dia1

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
AA rolled delays onto other transatlantic flights out of PHL 5/23

Had a new AA experience flying PHL-DUB on 5/23. I was in J and was on board and settling in whan I got a text that our gate had changed. Groups 1, 2, 3 had boarded. Asked the FA if I was on the correct flight--answer "yes, of course." I show her the text, she laughs and tells another FA. A few minutes later they make the announcement that we must deplane and that we are being moved to another aircraft because there's a problem with the plane. We deplane and I notice that the gate info already says that the flight from that gate is now going to Munich. People are lined up to board the plane that we were just taken off of. I wait a while and, sure enough, they begin boarding. We are directed to a gate in another terminal where, when we arrive, people who have boarded a flight to BCN are deplaning and being told to go to a different gate. We bound for DUB are told that as soon as the luggage and catering are transferred to that (previously BNC-bound) plane we will board and be on our way. The Munich flight on our original plane in the other terminal takes off. After a long wait, they bring sandwiches and drinks for the DUB and BCN pax. Finally, after almost 2 hrs they tell us that they are testing the new filter and will try the engines soon. Hmm. The BCN group (at a gate nearby) is told that their plane will be there from the hanger soon. We eventually board and take off, hours late. The BCN pax still have no plane. So, AA manages to infuriate at least two more plane loads of people to get the Munich flight off the ground. Infuriating that they lied about why we were taken off the plane. Infuriating in general. No communication from AA about the flight afterwards.

Last edited by dia1; Jun 6, 2018 at 7:25 pm Reason: add info