FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Planned Diversions From SFO to OAK/SJC
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:58 am
fly18725

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
This thread is about SFO/The Bay Area. This does not happen to all airlines at SFO--only AS. How does being backed up at ORD/DFW have any relevance to the fact that AS leaves an aircraft RON at a gate at SFO that needed to be towed to be remote parked? It is great to be a fan boy/girl for an airline but citing completely irrelevant airports and saying if you don't like it fly somebody else is not a great attitude for anybody wanting a business to succeed. As has been noted several times, people have actually gone out of their way to fly AS and AS is making it very difficult to choose them a 2nd time. This thread is to make others aware of what is happening and perhaps make AS management wake up to the fact that SFO is no longer just a destination airport for people travelling from PDX/SEA so it is time to come up with a plan to operate their new hub efficiently.
I think the point was that all airlines can have delays in getting RON airplane on and off gates. I would guarantee that it has happened at one time or the other to EVERY airline that RONs airplanes at SFO. Should it happen? No. However, it does and will continue to be an occasional problem as airlines can't independently decide when and where to move aircraft.

Ultimately, this has NOTHING to do with diversions. It seems like a small group of posters are looking for any possible excuse to trash Alaska.

Originally Posted by channa
It's one thing if a plane is leaving and you wait 10 minutes. That happens to everybody. It's another if they're letting parked planes sit at gates and not towing them away. That's mismanagement of resources and what they're doing frequently enough at SFO to be noticeable.
In the absence of data on how frequently this happens at Alaska, why it is a mismanagement of resources and how it is not an issue for other airlines I think we can dismiss this post as an isolated complaint.