FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stupidity regarding paying for an upgrade then not accepted.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:54 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tmac100
Want to donate a "Smartphone" to me? I have 2 Nokia mobiles that allow me to send/receive sms texts to anyone on this planet with a mobile. I can also call and receive telephone calls from anyone on this planet on them. One even has wifi capability but I never use it.. I have computers (desktops and laptops and tablets) comming out of my ying-yang and get along very nicely. I see no need for twitter, facebook nor any other social media to interfere with my meaningful life. If folks cannot contact me by voice, sma or email then perhaps they have nothing important to discuss with me.
I can certainly sense the frustration!

Generally VPN + Skype does work when calling BA, just sometimes it doesn't work out for one reason or another. That's my personal experience. But if you ONLY want BA to call you then Twitter is the solution unless you have serious status with BA. If you don't want the upgrade then yes, don't bother calling (however the risk is the reservation will remain unticketed so it's not an approach I would take). In your shoes however I would just call BA on the UK or perhaps Canadian Skype number. The Contact Centres you could be speaking to are physically located in Newcastle, Manchester and New Delhi. Again insufficient specifics to be sure, but it looks like a tedious CVV issue and a short call will hopefully resolve. You can write a letter of complaint to the holding company of BA, but personally I think that's a waste of time.

Originally Posted by tmac100
All my friends with smartphones use twitter. Is there a way to use twitter on a computer and still have my priivacy concerns addressed. With the recent broo-haaa about "mining" folks personal data by facebook, I am QUITE SKITTISH about having any social media account on any of my computers.
Yes, go off to Incognito and VPN via somewhere like Iceland or Switzerland, set up a disposable email account, then set up Twitter using minimal information (perhaps not all of it accurate....) and validate via the disposable email address. BA doesn't care about any of the details anyway. Then delete both when happy so to do. Many people I know keep a shadow account for this.