FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club World LHR CAI LHR - with pictures
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:20 am
binman

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
binman - as others have said, a very fair and balanced report;

Having recently completed 13 years of working in Cairo I can probably lay claim to having flown more BA CAI LHR CAI CW trips than most here. It appears that after the February 2011 revolution BA treated their CAI service like dog poo on the sole of a shoe - changing LHR terminals from T5 to T1, changing aircraft from 747 to 777, then a mix of 321 and 767, and then more recently 787.

In October 2013, having become fed up with the quality of BA's CAI operations, I made a decision to start flying QR CAI DOH LHR J and vv - despite the incredulity of some here it was the best aviation-related decision I have ever made. Significantly less cost, better aircraft, far superior flight experience, more TPs (no TP runs required), better lounges, etc it was a 'no-brainer' - helped by QR joining OW.

On just three subsequent occasions (one BA CAI LHR CAI and one BA CAI LHR) I flew BA CW 787 - and was totally unimpressed. As other have stated above, the CW seat is so lacking in space I have described it in previous posts here as a coffin. Fortunately, as it turned out, my final departure from Cairo was only a few months after QR stopped flying to CAI.

Now I'm at the stage where my wife and I are currently holding two GUF2s, with little desire or incentive to use them on anything other than European routes - such is our current disdain for BA CW (with the possible exception of BA 747 UD).
I have to go back in October and will be coming home on RJ and their 787. I would rather have 2 x 2 seating and extra flying time than club world again.

Last edited by Prospero; Jun 6, 2018 at 6:06 am Reason: Amend quoted content