FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club World LHR CAI LHR - with pictures
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:46 am
Can I help you
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by subject2load
Many thanks for responding MFCC. Your view from the inside, so to speak, is certainly helpful to the thread ^

i guess, based on what you say, we can only conclude that the CSM (on both sectors) had a somewhat different perspective to that of the OP, as regards what constitutes appropriate ‘break’ time versus a desirable level of customer-focussed service & attention throughout the entirety of a flight. From the OP’s report :

Again the crew were very pleasant and engaging during the meal service but once complete were invisible for the rest of flight. Like the outbound there were no cabin patrols, no offer to refill coffee. Serve, clear and clear out seems to be the new service standard”

and ............

The style of service is basic too and the crew do what is required and nothing more. No cabin patrols and hiding out in the closed off First Cabin on both flights.”
So just to show how inconsistent BA are if a WW crew operated this flight we would be entitled a rest break, for obvious reasons I will not say how long but it differs due to the different length of duty days, CAI would fall into the 6-10 hour duty.
I guess because as we have more experience we are able to cover the extra workload easier during the breaks as customers should not noticed the reduced number of crew on duty.