FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton Cancun (Mexico) [Master Thread]
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:00 am
EuropeanPete

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I'd agree with Lincoln Boy: While it's a nice, clean hotel, I did not see any sign of "luxury" service or hard product. I still struggle to understand the Ritz-Carlton brand and whether 4* is what they're aiming for, but anyone expecting something like the St Regis Punta Mita would get a very nasty shock here. It's a capable up-market Cancun resort that just happens to have the Ritz-Carlton brand.

My room was spacious and nothing was broken, but unmemorable. I was a bit taken aback to be offered prostitutes and drugs by the hotel driver who picked me up from the airport. I know this is Cancun, but I am pretty sure that I showed no signs of wanting either so maybe they should have been a bit more discrete. Food was good for Cancun (in line with what you'd expect in Mexico generally) and service was capable and enthusiastic which is what you want from a holiday resort.

Probably a good option for Cancun, but it doesn't necessarily fit with my own expectations of the brand (though to be fair, I've seen that with a number of RC properties, so maybe I'm just wrong).