FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club World LHR CAI LHR - with pictures
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:13 am
SLGO

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by binman
Galleries south was an appalling excuse for a lounge the day we flew out. It was packed to the gunnels and seats were hard to come by. 4 together was impossible. Every table was littered with plates, glassware and the other detritus passengers leave behind.

The food was very poor indeed and a sieve was need to scope out what was laughingly referred to a red Thai curry. Not that it mattered as there were no plates,no bowls and no cutlery. There was no hot chocolate in any machine, and the coffee machines all looked disgusting. The staff were short on the ground and frazzled!

Interest in the customer did not exist let alone a desire to listen. I asked to speak to the lounge manager and was offered the 3rd party agent but neither ever came near in the two hours we were in the lounge. I completed the text message questionnaire and scored it the lowest I could and left my details for them to contact me. To this day no one has. The lounge experience was very far from a quality one. It was cheap and nasty.

So far so BA
I agree that the BA lounge is underwhelming. Crowded, untidy, poor food etc. It's more like a canteen in the university than a business class lounge. The PP lounge downstairs is even better IMO. I understand the feeling why the OP chose to fly with AA CX QR as their lounges, and in-flight offerings of course, are just so much better.