FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:12 am
virtualaris

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by cwl
UPDATE - Having chased this with Accor customer care and the hotel direct I have been able to establish:

Both Customer Care and the Hotel can see my booking, it had a reservation number issued on a non cancellable rate but was then cancelled. Customer Care tell me the reservation was cancelled by the hotel. The hotel tell me it was cancelled by the Accor IT system.

I have checked with my bank who have confirmed the hotel requested payment authorisation for the entire cost of the stay, that was approved with a authorisation number issued. Some hours later the hotel cancelled the authorisation. I have also passed written confirmation received from my bank to the hotel.

My Le club points are still debited to my account.

I have tried asking the hotel to honour the reservation but at present they are refusing to do so and have simply suggested I rebook via Accor.com. The only current rate being offered online is a Fully flexible rate at 30% more. My last email to the GM has been ignored 72 hours after it was sent.

Accor Customer Care have informed me they are liaising with the hotel to try to persuade them to honour the reservation.

Customer Care appear sympathetic to my request but I am disappointed with the hotel (a Sofitel) being so unwilling to correct the problem which appears to be entirely one of its own making (IT related or human intervention is unclear but shouldn't make a difference).
Could you give us clue which Sofitel is it? I believe it's unacceptable for a hotel on such class.