FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hang Onto Your PED's
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:05 pm
StuckInYYZ

Originally Posted by 24left
(bolding mine)
@HurricaneSonic @StuckInYYZ

I've heard the announcement as part of the pre-departure message on every single TPAC for quite some time now. In multiple languages.

I give Air Canada credit for including the message. None of that will stop stupid people who think their devices will magically stay in place when the aircraft starts climbing after take-off. Or during turbulence.

I've seen crew on the floor with flashlights, searching under the J seats trying to recover these items. I don't think the cabin crew should have to spend time searching for devices where there are preventative behavioural options available.
I find the message, while nice, tends to get ignored pretty much like everything else the flight crew announces. I see the safety video playing on the screen, but very few are paying attention...

Cabin crew should not be searching under the seats for people's phones. You don't know what could be on the floor of the cabin...And considering the aircraft are "deep" cleaned.... say every six months? I would not want my face near that floor. If you drop something between the seats, wait til you land and someone can safely retrieve it without potentially getting sick...

(And I wasn't kidding about the velcro... or non-slip surface mats....)