FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United (nearly) dead last in J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:58 pm
rowingman

Programs: AA EXP sad former CK, Bonvoy LT Plat, BAEC Gold, VS, former UA, UA no longer, never, ever, QF
Originally Posted by AAExPlat
I don't give a fig about surveys like this. But I have been splitting my paid F flying between UA and AA for the last month and a half (during which Kirby introduced the bonus lottery, F catering cuts and reprimanded FA's grooming standards...most of which were later reversed) and the difference in FA attitude is MASSIVE. And I mean massive. UA FAs are "mailing it in" based on the last 6 weeks of flying and comparing it to AA. Even on the ground, I sense less hostility towards customers and on two occasions where I needed help from AA (weather delay in one case and standing by in another) I was served promptly and got home when I needed to be. Something UA has been struggling with for me this year (last year was great incidentally).

As a result, I will be switching my flying to AA starting in August which will be plenty of time to make EXP still on top of 1K which I already earned this year.
UA sucks completely. I say now and have said for years that UA would be happier flying empty airplanes and not having to deal with those pesky paying customers.

My parents (in their 80s) got cancelled on two successive days flying AA last week. Second swing at the bat they taxied out, sat 3 hrs, taxied back, cancelled. Sad. Had to get there, so on the third swing, AA upgraded them (no ask, just did) got them there, and apologised profusely for the prior two days WEATHER delays. On UA? Never ever ever would that happen.

To say how poorly I have been treated by UA as an elite flier is an understatement regardless of any story I could relate. AA got my 326,000 EQM and $65k spend last year. Screw UAL. The sooner they, and their sorry airline go out of business, the better we will all be. My last UA flight (couldn't avoid it) was in paid First. Boarding scrum in Group 1, broken IFE, no seat power, no wi fi transcon, muffin on a plastic plate. Seriously. So below standard and what DL and AA offer it is a joke. Have I said the sooner UA and its sorry offering disappears the better the domestic airline industry will become? I guess I have. UAL sucks completely. Screw UAL.