FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Too old to travel?
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:00 pm
trooper

Originally Posted by Yachtman
My parents are approaching their seventies. I've eventually converted them to the virtues of business class travel. I explained to them time and time again how travelling business class would benefit them since we live at opposite sides of the world, eventually I explained that if it was the case of them deciding not to travel because t was too difficult or to travel in business class less frequently than it might be possible. The last flight to the antipodes they upgraded and realised that there is a massive difference, no queues at check in, no queues at security, lounge access, much more attention onboard etc, this can make the difference for an elderly traveller.
Approaching their 70's? And you term that elderly? Are they unusually frail for their age? Ongoing medical problems? My travel buddy is well into his 70's and travels several times a year with me to compete in sporting competitions. I'm pushing 60 and was in the National team for a World Championships in France last year...
Jeez.... give them a break..... they are not that old!

The suggestion that OLDER folks might benefit more from Business class however is spot on.....