FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:32 pm
MattHall

Programs: BA Executive Club, QR Privilege Club, HH Gold
Originally Posted by abta1
I recently stayed at the Shangri-La Tianjin and all in all it was a lovely stay. Upon learning of the triple points offer for checking in/out via the app, I intended to checkout using the app before heading to the airport but the chain of events on my check-out day meant I had to avail myself of the late (4pm) checkout. Since there was no option in the app to choose 4pm as the checkout, I decided to do it at the Horizon lounge but absentmindedly forgot to mention this to the desk staff there. I emailed Shangri-La support regarding this and was told that despite the situation I explained, because I did not checkout out/in using the app, I would only be eligible for x2 GC points (for booking using the app) and not x3. Clearly it's my fault, but I though that they might overlook it considering there was no option for late checkout within the app itself.

On a related note, does anyone know when the app updates with your GC points from your most recent stays, I have only received some of the points from my dining and wife's spa visits so far.
I have just experienced the same - meal points went on within 24 hours, whereas accommodation isn’t on yet after a week. Apparently it’s 2-3 weeks