FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Others not obsessed with "Packing Light?"
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:49 am
wrp96
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by dalehill
Why do folks who have zero interest in packing light care so much about this issue?
Possibly because some light packers (and I know not all) have taken into looking down on, lecturing, etc those of us who are not part of the "only one carry on bag for a 6 week trip" brigade. I know I once asked a question mid trip about how to handle it if my bags never caught up with me where I was. Instead of getting told about the fact I should've been given a debit card by the airline for essentials because it would be at least 24 hours before my bags arrived (the airline policy at the time which I didn't know until I got home, so I lost out on something I was due), I got 10 posts lecturing me on how I was stupid for checking a bag, how I should travel lighter, how I had no need for all the stuff in my luggage, etc without a single one actually answering the question asked. Not exactly helpful when I was midtrip and without my luggage.

So no I don't care if you pack light, as long as you aren't one of the people who expresses some kind of attitude towards me just because I check a bag.