FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Others not obsessed with "Packing Light?"
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:27 am
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by dulciusexasperis
84fiero, your examples are examples of things people have a reason to need to take for one reason or another. They have nothing whatsoever to do with trying to travel light. If you need to take stuff to a family member, you take it. The question is, what do you take that is for your use when travelling and do you or don't you try to take the lightest weight possible for those items.
No, they're not needs - they're voluntary choices. I don't have to load up on my favorite food item or souvenir, or take my daughter's junk to her, or donate items to charity, etc. And the example of people (and there are some who have chimed in on this thread) who simply don't care about weight doesn't represent a need, just their personal approach.

I don't view any of the above as right or wrong, nor is it right or wrong to obsess over keeping weight down - different strokes for different folks. And sometimes even different approaches from the same individual depending on the trip or circumstances. Such is life.