FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA award booking,change questions/fees/issues/routing/excursionist problems {Archive}
Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:34 am
FlyerTalker70

Originally Posted by eyuro
I am booked today in J with points on LX JFK-ZRH. I am allowed 2 bags in J and 1 extra with the *Alliance Gold. LX's website shows me with 0 luggage allowance and tells me to pay in advance for any checked baggage to avoid higher costs. Phone agent at LX has no answer and says that UA should put a note in the record with your status. UA says its in your record and not sure why they can't see it. I printed out all paperwork showing my allowance plus the extra bag from Swiss website. Any other ideas?
Should be fine. The OLCI of many airlines are notorious for miscalculating the amount of checked bags allowed, particularly when making an award booking. I once did an OLCI on an AC flight where I needed to check a bag in and was told I needed to fork up $25 to check that bag. However, as a *A Gold travelling in economy I knew better and just answered 0 to the number of checked bags to complete the check in without paying the fee. When I got to the airport I went to the business class check in desk, showed my boarding pass and said I want to check a bag. Agent took the bag, tagged it and check it through no questions asked.

I expect the exact same thing will happen to you.

Safe Travels,

James