FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review Sofitel Barcelona Skipper (ex Pullman)
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:05 am
BotB

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by craigc
Has anyone stayed here in recent month - I understood there was a refurbishment of ground floor and pool areas? I am going in July and wonder if it was finished and if anyone has news to report on this? @Goldorak have you been recently?
we stayed early May (5-7), renovations were meant to be done by then but had overrun...the reception area was still being worked on at that time. I asked and was told it was meant to be done by 13th May as reception needed to move from basement up at that time and staff had no choice (for whatever reason) so hopefully all done by now...have you checked the hotel website or TA reviews to get the latest? They didn’t work on weekends but did on the Monday and wow, that was loud and intrusive but we were out during ‘working hours’ wouldn’t have been able to stay in room, let alone sleep with jack hammering on weekday.

that said, it is a brilliant hotel and the staff were excellent to us. We celebrated our 25th anniversary here then (genuinely!) and had booked the best hotel room category. They gave us a lovely gift and were very helpful. Will see about posting some pics later on. Hope that helps. ^