FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renovations going on - Better but not the best
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:06 am
DL Platinum

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Renovations going on - Better but not the best

Introduction I stay at this property typically when I am flying out in the am from SeaTac. Been staying here on and off for years. A nice property, albeit, somewhat dated, but nicely kept up. Convenient to the airport with shuttle service, though it is an easy walk. They are in the middle of a much needed renovation that is on going and has several floors out of service. A complete bathroom renovation and new furniture throughout. A small concierge lounge is available for Gold and Platinum members, though it gets busy at times. I wish they would consider moving to an "M" lounge concept and move it to the first floor with some additional space. Very nice staff that go beyond the norm for any reasonable Check In Fast, efficient. Elite member checkin with no wait. I had already done the "mobile" check in via the app. Sadly, the Marriott app does not let you choose a room like the Hilton app does. I was made aware of the possibility of noise from 7 am to 7pm due to renovations. As aGold member, I was automatically granted access to the concierge lo Room I was put into a "Newly Refurbished King". The hallways and elevators had been renovated with new wallpaper and flooring. Very Nice. All of the doors were recently painted and outfitted with the new RFID "black circle" key pad. That said, I noticed as I walked down the hall way that the doors didn't seem to "fit" the door jams. I noticed several that had quite the gap at the top of the door. You could easilly put a finger through many of them. Not sure, but I think this is a fire code issue as the door does not seal to the jam. Certainly a noise issue. IMHO, just tacky given the renovations. As to the room itself, nice with the following: Positives: LOTS of outlets with usb connections. A really nice shower that is frosted glass to the room. Excellent lighting in the bathroom, with a dimmer to allow a light to be left on. Soft close toilet lid. Back / sidelit mirror. BIG TV (see below). Kuerig!! Finally, some decent coffee at a Marriott. Small Refirdgerator, and safe. Negatives: Desk is fixed to the wall. TV is fixed to the wall, would be nice if they allowed it to swivel as it is difficult to see from the fixed desk. A/C limited to 68. Windows do NOT open, great for noise, but not for fresh air. No Couch, and no separate side chair, just the desk chair. As mentioned before, a very ill fitting door to the room. TV channels were "iffy" cutting in Service Service is good and the staff is engaging. The concierge lounge on the 8th floor has very pleasant staff, though it is a small room for the size of the property. Evening service can be quite packed. Dining I can only comment on the food service in the concierge lounge, but it is always good and they do have a variety that changes nightly. The lobby bar is on the small size but it is a lively place albeit at a very expensive rate. If you are a beer / wine person, there is a 7 Eleven across Location My primary reason for staying here. While they do have a shuttle, it is just as easy to walk. Head to the metro station, go through the station to the bridge that crosses the street, take the elevator down, and it is a 2 block walk up the street. ( Also works if you want to stay at a Hilton, which is right across the street fr Overall My "fix" to the door not