FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone else buy their own mini-shampoo and soaps?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:04 am
DangerM55

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond
On my last trip i took a shampoo bar as I was staying in some Airbnbs and wasn't sure what they would have, but I don't normally do so. Ill probably do it again in the future as it was nice to have decent shampoo for the little bit of hair I have remaining and being a solid it didn't impact on my liquids allowance as I always 'one bag' (actually one carryon and a 'small personal bag') now and don't take hold baggage. The girlfriend also took a conditioner bar, soap bar and purchased a face wash bar whilst we were away (all same brand as my shampoo). She would also take the same stuff in future.

The bar I took was a Lush one (Honey I Washed My Hair), but I'll take something from a different brand/shop in future (not related to it's quality, just that I'm boycotting that particular shop now due to an outrageous political campaign they're running in the UK).

They were all carried in soap boxes such as this one from Muji - the sponge bit is invaluable in my opinion to stop the soap going mushy: https://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=17&Sub=72&PID=5015

Last edited by DangerM55; Jun 4, 2018 at 8:10 am