FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Kilauea Volcano East Rift Zone Eruption
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:46 pm
tatterdema

Programs: HH Silver
I leave Thurs for the first part of my trip, and have until the 13th to cancel or change my hotel on the BI. I just cannot decide if I want to change hotels. Right now I am staying in Kailua-Kona just so that I can walk to bars and dining. First part of the trip I will be spending a week on Kauai, and 4 nights on Oahu, so beach and sun is not needed at that point. Arriving on the BI on a Sun night and leaving Tues morning, so I am not too worried about it for such a short stay. I can switch to Hilton Waikoloa for about the same price, but I just hate the place. Even with cleaner air, I do not think I would be happy there, feeling trapped in the monstrosity.

Such a strange year for Hawaii. On Kauai the road is still closed at Hanalei from the floods, so am losing some stuff there. On Oahu, my main reason was I did not get to do Pearl Harbor on my last trip, and now the memorial is closed to landings, even though I will do everything else. And now the BI with the volcano. Still looking forward to every minute of it.