FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Punta De Mita, Mexico [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:14 pm
upgrade.me

Programs: SPG, Wyndham, AA
Stayed here 5 nights with the 5th night free redemption for a "Spectacular Ocean". It was a busy weekend and there are only 12 suites (6 Ocean Haven, 6 Ocean Oasis), I'm platinum, didn't get upgraded; understandable, and I was offered a room move to a Haven Suite when it was available for the last 2 days.

Transportation
You can get an uber from the airport for approx $17 (the hotel arrangement was approx $75). Though you have to walk 10min. off the airport and across a pedestrian bridge to meet the uber. Overall I was able to get ubers back to the hotel from downtown Puerto Vallarta, downtown Punta Mita, and a taxi from Sayulito. When you need a ride from the hotel you are "stuck" using their SUV service, which was $115 to downtown Puerto Vallarta, $30 to downtown Punta Mita, and $75 back to the airport.

I looked at renting a car. Gecko seemed to be the recommended service. For 5 days it was $260 for a Yaris, $300 for a Jetta. The drive wouldn't be that hard if you wanted to do that, and valet is free at the hotel.

Room
If I were to book again I'd stay in a "Jungle" room. When I was outside I was on the beach or by the pool, I didn't find myself hanging outside the room on the day bed in the "Spectacular Ocean"; so I'd take the extra room you get with the jungle. The Ocean Haven is a great room, big living space, the pool patio is nice, and it has a better bathroom.

Food
The breakfast buffet was $81 for 2, included bloodys, mimosa, and coffees - included with platinum status. This space also served dinner. The other outlet "Spice Market" had an asian flair; even on a busy weekend I didn't see many people in either at any given time. The waitstaff at the pool are good and attentive.

Spa
The spa is great with a private zen like pool, sauna and steam room. I was stunned by the design overall.

My gripe was the cost of cars getting from the hotel, but I understand you're stuck unless you have your own car - not just the cost, the distance is wayyy out there. I'm not sure why they chose that site, maybe that particular beachfront ヽ(。_°)ノ