FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: Possible Routes (Flights) and Hubs, Discussion - (2017 on)
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:02 pm
Fanjet
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Well, according to the folks on a.net, IAD-MIA is going away - permanently. I'm honestly kind of stunned as to the shoulder turn that IAD has received by AA. CLT, DFW and LAX only. I know the argument is that AA has a hub at DCA. True, but AA also has a hub at JFK/LGA and continues a robust presence at EWR.

--------------------------------------------------

Thats not what an internal memo from the MIA station manager suggests.

"As we continue to position ourselves for long-term success, we also have made the decision to discontinue service to Washington Dulles (IAD). Our customer loyalty and capacity is stronger at Washington Reagan (DCA) where we have nine daily flights; we can better utilize the IAD aircraft elsewhere. We will still continue to be the leader in seat share between DCA/IAD and MIA/FLL when this change takes effect on December 19."
Didn't they just recently go to 3X daily IAD-MIA, up from the 2X daily at the time of the merger? I'm actually surprised that they haven't put an E75 at the station to run 3X daily service to ORD. The area around IAD is growing at a fast pace.