FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sleeping in T3 SilverKris Lounge vs airside hotel overnight
Old Jun 3, 2018, 3:17 pm
TravellingBeard

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Check the details carefully about eligibility for the tour, hours, and whether you can take it with your flight schedule and be deposited back airside, although if your flight is operated by SQ you can check in as much as 48 hours before the flight. I've checked in late in the evening before a morning SQ flight and gone to the lounge (in fact, TPR) for dinner before spending the night in the airside transit hotel and then returning to the lounge for a quick breakfast before the flight.

BTW the SQ lounge showers are more luxurious that those that you will find in your ensuite bathroom in the transit hotel.

So, the city sights tour has a registration close of 5 or 6:30pm, enough time after I land. It finishes at 8:30pm/10pm, and I do some sightseeing in the airport before heading to the lounge. Jetlag isn't much of an issue, as I'll have arrived from Bangkok, so will be awake enough to not crash. My outbound flight is the next morning, so plenty of time fortunately. And yes, a nice hot shower will do wonders. I'm upgrading my carry-on this time to have a proper change of clothes in it.

Last edited by TravellingBeard; Jun 3, 2018 at 3:21 pm Reason: Edit for some clarification/grammar.