FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:14 am
jpdx
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I had a flight cancellation and ended up spending a few hours here. It’s not great, but workable for a $100 airport hotel.

My flight landed 10 minutes to midnight, and I wasn’t clear about the shuttle situation (“leaves the hotel every 20 minutes on the hour until 12am”). I called the hotel to ask whether the last shuttle would arrive at ~12.10 and take me back to the hotel (rather than going to a parking lot), but nobody picked up. I took a taxi ($9.xx = $15 with tip).

Check-in was very disorganized. Two positions staffed, at the WOH carpet. No elite priority. When I did get to the counter, the agent told me (without prodding) that they didn’t have any suites left, but that they had assigned me a corner room. It’s a fairly large room that would pass for a junior suite elsewhere, and fairly modern (the usual HR refurb). Walls are paper thin, and I could overhear my neighbors talking.

I wasn’t given any information about elite benefits, and while I was able to figure out breakfast (full buffet, 6-noon), my Glob water bottle remained elusive. In fact, I wasn’t even able to pay for a bottle — the shop was closed and the vending machine was broken. Breakfast was pretty good for a North American airport hotel, although pretty poor service (brought coffee instead of tea, didn’t refill water).