FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - best points program for US to Australia
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:35 pm
UAPremExecflyer
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by youranut
I'm sorry I wasn't more specific and didn't list all of the things I already know. I am aware that there are taxes and other charges. I posted in this forum because I am not seeking information on a specific ffp, but a specific destination. I mentioned in my post that I was open to airport changes.

I'm looking to make the trip in the next three years and want to pay for the flights and lodging with rewards points if possible. I'm very frugal and don't care what class I fly. I would only upgrade to business if it was cheaper than economy. I was hoping some people would chime in with opinions on the different options out there.
Your questions just don't make any sense.
Much the same as you asked an incredibly broad (and largely unanswerable) question in this Most common hotel chain in the world
There is no one airline FFP (frequent flyer programme) from the US that is Australia-specific. The closest might be Qantas (QF).
If you pick United (UA), you can use Mileage Plus miles for award travel on other Star Alliance carriers (eg. Air NZ, Air Canada). Then you need a credit card that accrues miles in the MP programme.
If you pick American (AA), you can use AAdvantage miles on oneworld carriers (eg. Qantas, BA, Cathay Pacific).
Mwenenzi's answer is very thorough.