FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Milan, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Jul 6, 2004, 11:33 am
mauld

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Just back from a quick weekend trip to Milan, and thought I'd post some pics of the Westin: http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=xcyf847...r&x=0&y=b0xfy9

I arrived early from my flight and had no problem checking in at 9am, staff was very efficient and gave me the Platinum card to choose my amenity which included: wine, fruit/cheese plate, locale amenity (pasta), e 10 credit towards food/beverage, or e12 credit for in room movie. I was a bit surprised at the exterior of this hotel, as I assumed it to be 'old style' (as the rooms actually are). I was not showed up to my room, nor was I offered assistance with my luggage (I had a small rolling carry on), but I found my room easily enough (1124). It had a view out towards the Plaza & over to the old Principe de Savoie. It is not centrally located for the sights, but is near the Metro/subway (line #3) which makes it easy to get around. While nothing was really wrong with my room, I don't generally like this style, and so I'd say it was adequate (I much preferred the style of the Park Hyatt which I stayed in the following night-- but did want to 'rack up' additional Starwood nights). My wine was brought up as an amenity and left with 1 glass and a bottle opener on the desk. The hotel appeared very empty and later on in the evening I went down to the lounge/restaurant for a drink and in the 90 min I was there (around 7pm) no one else came in. I must say, I don't know if it is Milan or just their hospitality, but in as much as I had 2 glasses of Processo--they kept bringing more & more complimentary appitizers and snacks to my table. (But I did find the same thing at the Hyatt the next evening too ). I was paying a 'corp discounted rate here of e195, but was told I was upgraded (and indeed from looking at the floor plans, mine was one of the bigger rooms & I did have what could be considered a view).