FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Best Rate Guarantee (BRG) 2018: Success, failure & discussion thread
Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:49 am
yorkboy24

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I’ve done mine up until 31st Dec. The problem now is you need to take the risk of booking the lowest rate, which is usually non refundable, then hoping you get the BRG. Also it seems you can’t do another BRG later on the same stay by making a new reservation and a new BRG because the original BRG would remain non refundable. Is that correct?

Ive also found that some websites only offer non refundable rates and as I predicted, the Sheraton Macau has its flexible rate lower than the non refundable for some dates but you can’t BRG it because the absolute lowest rate is non refundable. I think it’s going to be easier to book all stays with Marriott in future because they offer the 24 hour cancellation on non refundable rates.

It seems the new SPG BRG is almost as bad as the policy for design hotels. Was it really their intention to make customers book Marriott brands rather than SPG legacy brands, or stop booking altogether and actually cancel nights as I have?!