FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The best Chicago hot dog place?
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2004, 10:48 am
ElmhurstNick
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
I’m believe that Superdawg is THE best place for a great hot dog in Chicagoland, perhaps in the country.
I am not as partial to Superdawg's hot dog, but I like their Polish/Romanian sausage. (As I've gotten older, I find that I favor the complexity of a good Slotkowski-brand Polish over a Vienna-brand hot dog, but that's a different thread.) But, Superdawg at Midway is without a doubt the best airport hot dog in the world.

The good thing about the Superdawg, however, is its heft. Many hot dog places these days have standardized on the 10-to-a-pound hot dog, which I find completely lacking. When I want the bite that only a 6-to-1 or 4-to-1 hot dog can provide, I like Superdawg.

My personal favorite is Gene and Jude's in River Grove. They have the simpler condiment set (mustard, onion, relish, sport pepper) from their days on Polk Street near Maxwell Street. When I lived in Elmhurst and worked from home, I'd go there about every other week for a double with no pepper and a single with everything. Southern DuPage County has nothing like it.