FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:12 pm
cwl

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Super Sale reservation made online today (last day of the curent sale) part points part cash payment.

At point of confirmation error message reservation cannot complete but I note the points have been deducted.

Phone Accor reservations who check and confirm reservation has failed due to a technical issue at their end. They can't rectify, will need to make a new booking but first wait for points to re-credit which should occur within 2 hours. Advised to call them back when points re-credit and make booking by phone to avoid repeat of technical issue.

Points refunded after about 1 hour so phone reservations again. Reservation made again, points deducted, payment made, confirmation number provided. Sales rep says everything is ok with reservation and payment has been authorised. All good so I think.

15 minutes later automated email from Accor headed "Reservation Failed". body of email simply reads

Dear CWL

Unfortunately we are not able to confirm your reservation

Kind regards

Phone Accor reservations again, provide reference, rep apologetic, doesn't understand issue asked to hold. After 15 minutes on hold informed reservation has again failed, will need to start again. Rep says he will call Customer Care to get points back so can restart process.

After 20 minutes listening to music, informed Customer Care advise may take 24 hours to refund points. Sales rep advises to await refund of points and call again. Explain it is Super Sale rate which ends today so need to book today. Sales rep says he understands position, states what has happened is un-acceptable but nothing he can do. If reservation made after today the then current rates will apply. I query making the reservation in cash but sales rep advises to wait as technical issue may repeat in any case and I'm using 40,000 points so cash alternative is significant. Sales rep seemed to be trying to be as helpful as he could and appeared to have tried all he could to fix with Customer care.

Finally calls ended with sales rep suggesting I escalate as complaint to Customer Care. In total well over two hours expended on calls and online and at present no reservation but 40,000 points absent from my account. For this reservation the Super Sale rate is a good saving compared to the Advance Purchase rates offered for this hotel so loss of the sale rate would be equivalent to about 10,000 Le club points

A complaint has been lodged with customer care with a request they contact me to reach a satisfactory conclusion.

I wait to see if Customer Care step up to the challenge and fix the reservation or will they simply wash their hands of it?

Last edited by cwl; Jun 1, 2018 at 4:18 pm